What Information Do We Collect?
You decide whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you select not to do so, we reserve the right not to register to become a subscribed user (“User” or “Member”) of the MyTruDate Platform. Rest assured that we only collect personal information that you knowingly, voluntarily and willingly provide to us by way opting into our Platform at the time of enrollment.
The MyTruDate Platform collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your first and last name, address, email address, and telephone number
- Information automatically collected when visiting our Platform, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and/or server logs.
- non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, sex, or location, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system.
Why Do We Collect User data?
We only collect your data:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested.
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services.
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so.
- To customize our Platform according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
- To know how to reach you to notify you of any safety alerts, data breaches, bug alerts, security breaches, safety warnings, account issues, and/or changes in MyTruDate products and services. You consent to receiving such notifications from us for these purposes.
- To request your feedback for current or potential future services that may be offered on the MyTruDate Platform.
In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to use our Platform, newspapers, or other public means to notify you of any such security threats in addition to our efforts to contact you via email or through your account on the Platform directly.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
First and foremost, we use your information to verify your identity, and to perform your criminal background check. Any non-personal data we may collect we only use to help us improve and/or maintain superior services to our Users.
We expressly reserve the right, from time to time, to track User usage of our Platform and follow websites that our users may frequent. This will enable us to glean what types of services and products may be the most popular to our customers or the general public, and help us improve the overall User experience.
At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from MyTruDate. We also may find it beneficial to share Users’ non-identifiable data concerning usage of the Platform with third parties to conduct statistical analysis on User behavior. In such instance, MyTruDate reserves the right to share information about your use of the Platform, but would not share any of your personally identifiable data with such third parties.
Please be advised that MyTruDate reserves the right to include links to third-party social media companies on the Platform, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat Meta, and/or other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within MyTruDate’s control. Please consult those companies directly to understand how they handle such data.
How Long Do We Hold User Data?
Our goal at MyTruDate is to retain as little User data as possible. We will only store User data that is strictly necessary to operate and improve our Platform, or is required for us to retain pursuant to state and federal law governing retention periods for criminal reports or results of criminal background checks.
Does MyTruDate Sell My Data To Anyone?
MyTruDate does not sell, rent, or lease any of its user lists or user data of any kind, nature or description to any third parties.
When Might MyTruDate Disclose Any of My Data?
MyTruDate will not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide you a product or service to which you have subscribed.
- In the aggregate with other information, and in such a way that your identity cannot be determined.
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant.
- To external auditors, who have agreed to keep the information confidential.
- As necessary to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- As necessary to safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of MyTruDate.
Do We Collect Information about Children under the age of 18?
Use of the MyTruDate Platform by persons under the age of eighteen (18) is strictly prohibited and directly violates MyTruDate’s Terms and Conditions of Use. Accordingly, MyTruDate does not and will not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from minors. If we discover that such information has been inadvertently collected on any minors on our Platform, we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database immediately.
How Can I Unsubscribe or Opt-Out from MyTruDate Emails or Notifications?
All Users to our Platform have the option to discontinue receiving updates from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from receiving such updates, email us at Support@mytrudate.com under the subject line “Unsubscribe,” and include your name, username, and Order Number (located in your initial subscription email). If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any alerts from any of our third-party partners, you must go to that partner’s specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. MyTruDate will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
What Security Measures Does MyTruDate Use To Secure My Data?
MyTruDate takes extreme precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive or personally identifiable information on our Platform, we protect your information both online and offline. All information you provide on our Platform is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
In addition, MyTruDate uses secure socket layer, SSL for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the Platform’s use by providing simple and secure access and communication of personal information.
Does MyTruDate Censor Any User Content?
MyTruDate reserves the right to review and delete from any user profile any content such (Messages, Photos, Videos, Audio and Video calls) that violates our Code of Conduct or constitutes “Prohibited Content” in our Terms and Conditions of Use. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Advertisements for any services or goods, whether by a member or not;
- Advertisements or solicitations for sex work, prostitution, or human trafficking of any kind;
- Content involving minors without prior written consent of a legal guardian or parent;
- Sexually explicit content;
- Content containing any type of hate speech or inciting hatred of any kind; or
- Content advertising the sale or distribution of drugs or controlled substances.
Are Criminal Background Check and Identity Verification Results Confidential?
MyTruDate will not share the results of any applicant’s criminal background check or identity verification application unless required by state or federal law to produce such records in response to a subpoena or as part of a governmental investigation. MyTruDate will not share, sell, advertise or distribute any such information about any applicant unless required to do so by court order, or as part of a government investigation. Be advised that all results from the criminal background check conducted constitutes “publicly available information” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and therefore is not subject to the CCPA. To the extent the CCPA or similar applicable laws apply to MyTruDate at any given time, MyTruDate shall not disclose any user’s personal information in response to a user request under the CCPA or similar request under applicable laws.
Does MyTruDate Collect Health information?
No. MyTruDate does not collect any personal health or medical data information from any member and we encourage our members to NOT share this personal information on their MyTruDate profile.
How Can I Contact MyTruDate for More Info?